Online accounting directories make finding accounting help easy. Whether you need a full-charge bookkeeper or a business tax professional, Internet accountant directories list the names, contact information, specialties and qualifications of accounting professionals in your area.
In most cases, accountants have paid a fee to advertise in accounting company directories. The listing does not guarantee their competence. Interview several accounting professionals about their training and experience, fees, hours and customer service philosophy. Call both past and current clients and ask a few questions:
1. What accounting tasks did the firm do for the client?
2. Have there been any problems and how did the firm handle corrections?
3. Ask how the client found the firm. Did they use an accountant directory?
4. If you're talking to a past client, ask why they quit using the company you found on a list of accounting firms.
Use a CPA directory when you need a professionalTurn to a CPA directory when you need tax or financial advice or it's time to audit your books. A CPA assists business owners with business analysis, budgeting, tax returns and financial statements. Many CPA firms also offer bookkeeping and payroll services.
Search accounting firm directories by specialtyIf you know exactly what type of accounting help you need, use an accountant directory that categorizes professionals by specialty. These accountant directories allow you to narrow your search to only those professionals who offer the accounting services you need.
Find a bookkeeper using directories of accounting firmsYou can search online for a full-charge bookkeeper if you want to outsource bookkeeping tasks such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll and bank reconciliation. Bookkeepers can even maintain your Quickbooks or other accounting software and help prepare quarterly and annual tax forms.
- In addition to browsing accounting directories, ask other business owners for recommendations.