In an increasingly global marketplace it’s important to offer clients the services they need. Global accounting firms can go where regular accounting firms can’t by keeping international accounting standards for customers on both sides of the pond.
Whether you’re a certified public accountant or certified financial planner, adding international accounting to your resume and portfolio of services makes you an indispensable part of any financial team. Companies and individuals with bank accounts, property and businesses at home and abroad need dependable, complete financial services.
International accounting firms are constantly looking for new talent ready to take the next step into the global marketplace. International accounting companies look for self motivated and ambitious people wanting to expand into international accounting companies. Expansion into international accounting services will:
1. Establish your firm as a full service company ready to meet all your client's needs.
2. Make your skills attractive to international CPA firms.
3. Add your name to the growing list of international accounting service providers.
4. Make you more marketable to an international accounting firm.
Offer tuition reimbursement for classes in international accounting for employees in your firmEncourage accountants and estate planners to broaden their marketable skills by providing resources for training in international accounting standards. Offer salary incentives and bonuses for additional certifications.
Join international accounting network organizations to market your international accounting firmNetworking with other professionals in international sales, accounting and financial planning establishes international accounting firms in the international finance community. Getting to know others in the field provides a basis for referrals and connections to potential clients.
Look for positions in larger, established international accounting and financial planning firmsOne of the best ways to become a part of the international accounting community is to work for a well established firm. Time spent learning the trade from seasoned international CPA firms and financial planners is the best way to quickly establish yourself in the field.
- Look for local chapters of IFAC open to new members. Find a mentor in the international accounting firm community that will help answer some of your initial questions when branching out into this area.
- Find a regional accounting federation recognized by IFAC for more information on the global organization. AGN lists these regional offices on their website.