Client server accounting software architecture allows users to make a request to a server and get information in return. This type of program offers a message-based system to promote usability and versatility. Use client-server Overall you want a software program that fulfills your business needs and provides the type of interface you prefer.
Client-server accounting software providers offer:
- Off-the-shelf accounting client management software;
- Web-based client-server accounting software;
- And multi-user client-server accounting software programs.
Keep up with accounting needs with off-the-shelf accounting client management software
You can find off-the-shelf client-server accounting software programs at almost any computer or office supply store. Client-server accounting software providers update the software frequently, so you need to factor this cost into your decision.
Handle your accounts with web-based client-server accounting software
Web-based client-server accounting software typically works on a subscription basis. Online providers often include upgrades and technical support in the monthly fee. The cost for continued subscription may outweigh the up-front cost involved in purchasing an off-the-shelf version.
Connect your employees with a client-server accounting software programs for multi-users
A client-server accounting software program for multi-users allows your employees to access company data via a local area network (LAN) or dial-up connection. Some client-server accounting software providers offer software packages compatible with both Microsoft and Macintosh systems.
- Look for client-server accounting software providers that offer scalable options, which allow you to increase your software services as your business grows.
- Take advantage of companies offering a free demo or trial. Using the software before you commit to purchasing it allows you to better evaluate the services.