The sky's the limit when it comes to using aerial display ads to promote your product or service. Whether circling a stadium during a huge sporting event, coasting along the beach on a hot summer day or hovering over city traffic during rush hour, aerial advertising is a great way to ensure your message is seen and remembered by thousands of potential customers.
Aerial display ads work because:
1. People simply can't resist the urge to look up when they hear a plane, and human curiosity drives them to read what's trailing behind.
2. Airplane banner messages are remembered more than any other type of advertising because of their novelty and the fact that they typically are seen outdoors in a relaxed environment.
3. Airplane banners are cost-effective, often reaching thousands of potential customers for less than 50 cents per thousand.
Decide on a message for your airplane bannerDo you want to create brand awareness? Introduce a new product? Announce a sale? Promote tonight's happy hour specials? Whatever you want to say, remember that aerial display ads must be short and to the point.
Zero in on your targetYou probably wouldn't advertise the grand opening of your home goods store to a stadium full of NASCAR fans, but you might consider touting your new line of fine wines to frazzled commuters stuck in going-home traffic.
Choose your aerial ad styleFlying billboards are popular with today's aerial display advertising services. Other options include logo-only banners with trailing copy and simple letter banners. Although its popularity is waning because of weather and message limitations, skywriting service is still available in some markets, as well.
- The message in your aerial ad must be seen, understood and retained in a very short amount of time. Above all else, consider what you say and how you say it very carefully.
- Virtually all aerial display advertising services have experts on hand to answer questions and offer advice. Don't hesitate to tap into the minds that know best.
- Aerial advertising prices vary widely because so many factors come into play. Have a good idea of what you're willing to spend, and stay as close to your budget as possible.