Billboard advertising is a bold move for a small business. Companies generally place these large boards along high traffic roads where hundreds or thousands of people drive by them a day.
These highly visible signs allow your company to make a statement with photographs and text with a medium that consumers can't toss aside or thrown away. Billboard advertisements have changed through the years but continue to remain an effective form of business, product and service promotion.
Incorporate outdoor billboard advertising to your marketing campaign to:
1. Increase the traffic to your business by placing billboard ads in areas close to your location.
2. Raise brand awareness by placing ads along busy highways and downtown intersections to get maximum sight.
3. Show your business's creativity by giving commuters something clever to discuss when they get to work.
Get the best billboard placementConsider which locations will work best for your billboard advertisement. If you have a bed and breakfast inn, placing your ad along the highway may pull drivers to stop at your establishment for the night. Placing the same ad outside a downtown line of hotels might have completely different results.
Choose the right type of billboard advertisementBillboard agencies offer more than just static poster or freeform options. If you want more, and have a higher budget, consider other types of placements.
Use truckside billboard advertisingWhether you paint your logo and business message on your own delivery truck or rent space on the side of that of a billboard agency, consider this to keep your message on the move. Wherever the truck goes, your message goes with it -- so parking outside a large event or sending a driver through busy streets means more people will see your name.
Work with a billboard agency in the local or national areaLocal billboard advertising works well for small businesses that have a local customer base. If you want to grow your business, consider widening your promotion to include statewide or nationwide areas.
Design a clever, funny or memorable advertisementDrive by other billboards and make a note of the ones you like; think about why you like them and whether you will remember them the next day. Make sure your own billboard advertisement has all the things you loved about the ones you saw.
- Test a billboard's effectiveness before renewing your contract. Ask the billboard advertising business for traffic reports and conduct surveys asking if your customers noticed the ad.
- Make sure to change the billboard as periodically. If you require a new message every certain number of months, keep on top of the billboard advertising services schedule and have the new picture proofed and ready for publication.