Media planning software helps you plan your media articles and advertisements, allows you to keep track of which ads you place, how much they cost and also how well they perform for your business.
Media buying software is a computer program that lets you monitor your purchases and helps you decide what plans will best promote your business for the least amount of money. You can advertise with newspapers, magazines, television, radio, billboards, bus stops, the Internet, in-store displays and anything else you can think of -- so planning your campaign is a must.
By using media planning programs for your business's marketing and advertising, you can:
1. Keep track of which advertisements you place. Media buying software allows you to list, search and follow the companies you work with by clicking a button.
2. Look at the cost of each advertisement in relation to its frequency and placement.
3. See how well each advertisement performs for your business. Advertising planning software tracks the progress -- and allows you to decide which ads to repeat and which to cut.
Speak with company representatives about software for media planningSome vendors offer programs for specific needs and vary in price and information. Contact local computer stores, as well as professional media planner software companies, to find out which product works best for your business.
Try media planner software before you buy itMost media planning software vendors allow you to try their products before buying them so you can see first hand what you'll get. Use the program for its trial period and then decide whether the software is easy enough, thorough enough and worth the amount spent to purchase it.
Look at advertising planning software in various price rangesAsk around -- see if anyone has used free media planning software. While free is generally a great price, sometimes you get what you pay for and when it comes to making money for your business, a little investment is worth it.
Find assistance for media planning tools and seminars in your areaBy using a media planning tool, you make the effort to keep sales and purchases organized and budgeted properly. You can buy software at a local computer store or online through a national retailer, but you may need some help learning how to run it and use it efficiently.
- Give yourself a little time to input your business information into your media buying software. It may take time to set up the system, but once it's running you will be able to add and delete accounts and organize files quickly and easily.
- Task a staff computer technician to build a program for you, if possible, from scratch or by using Microsoft Excel. If you just need a minimal storage and tracking program, maybe someone in your office is talented enough to create something workable for you.