Hot corn on the cob topped with creamy butter is often an essential ingredient for summertime parties. In other seasons, corn is ideal as an ingredient in hot soup, a dinner side dish or eating in popped form while watching a favorite movie. Whether you are a corn grower or corn produce wholesaler or you run a bakery or grocery store, a high-quality supply of corn and corn products is necessary for meeting your financial expectations.
From dent and flour corn to sweet varieties, it's important to grow, sell and use the right corn varieties for your business. For growers, dent corn seeds are a great livestock feed and perfect to sell to processed food companies. Sweet corn, with its sweet taste and high consumption value, may be the best choice for retailers Each corn variety has its specific use. When determining the best corn to grow, sell or use in your own business, consider the following:
1. There are three basic types of corn: dent, sweet and flour.
2. Dent corn is best for popcorn and the creation of industrial goods and processed foods.
3. Flour corn is ideal for use in baked goods, while sweet corn is best when consumed alone or in various recipes.
Choose the right dent corn for your businessDent corn is sold by corn wholesalers for livestock feed, popcorn and the creation of industrial products and processed foods. You may find a preference of one type over another, as retailers may find one type of popcorn sells better over another. Businesses that create industrial products or processed foods may want to mix a few dent varieties to find the right ingredients for their products. There are yellow and white varieties, and both are necessities for your business.
Include corn flour for your favorite baked goods and dishesFlour corn is grown for the specific purpose of producing corn flour. This flour is perfect for bakery or restaurant needs, or for sale to customers who often use corn flour in their own baking recipes. It is a processed and refined form of corn.
Add sweet corn to your inventory or field to provide a delicious snack or side dishTrue corn enthusiasts prefer the taste of sweet corn. It's ideal for a hot and buttery corn-on-the-cob treat, or as an ingredient in a favorite entrée. Buy sweet corn from corn companies in seed form for growing or bulk packages of cobs for retail sale and restaurant use.
- The best sweet corn is purchased fresh and unshucked from corn growers. Properly picked and stored corn will stay fresh for up to 10 days.
- While all corn will pop, the best tasting popcorn comes from dent corn. The superior taste is the result of the corn's high level of starch.