Peaches are rich in vitamin C and also contain a good amount of potassium and iron. The Elberta peach is the most popular variety grown today, comprising about half of the peach harvest each year. Some peaches are immediately sent to manufacturers for canning purposes.
Consider adding peaches to your store, whether in the form of fresh peaches, peach juice or other peach products such as canned peaches. If you’re located in the right region, growing peaches might be a good option for you. Before adding peaches to your product lineup, consider the following:
1. Do you have a market for fresh peaches from local or international suppliers?
2. Would you consider adding canned peach products to your store?
3. Would your customers be interested in peach juice?
4. Do you live in an area where you could produce your own peaches?
Check out fresh peaches from peach producersThere are a variety of international and national peach growers that distribute to all areas of the United States. Be aware of the peach harvesting season for each of the peach growers so you can know when to start marketing your peaches.
Find distributors of canned peachesPeaches have a long-standing tradition of being available canned. Although not as delectable as a freshly picked peach, canned varieties do have their merit and are often used in desserts.
Explore peach juice manufacturersWhile probably not the most common way of enjoying the health benefits and delicious taste of peaches, peach juice is another product available on the market. Look for organic varieties from distributors, too.
Grow your own peaches treeIt can take three to four years for a peach seed to grow into fruit-producing tree. That's why many people opt to purchase a peach tree from local nurseries or online, depending on location.
- Order a small quantity of peaches or peach products as your first shipment. You want to be sure customers are interested in the product before you invest too much money into it.