Major European airports make global connections easy and convenient. When it comes to business or leisure travel to Europe, airports abound. You may also take advantage of a European airport hub for travel to all parts of the world.
Your options for European travel include everything from a busy European airport on the list of largest airports in Europe to a smaller, travel-friendly hub. An airport in Europe doesn't necessarily mean Paris or London anymore, either; you'll find some of the most popular European airports in Eastern, Northern and Mediterranean countries linked to emerging markets and developing economies.
When planning travel to, from or through airports in Europe:
1. Look for popular European airports that get high marks from business travelers.
2. Adjust your plans to allow for longer waits at a busy European airport.
3. Choose a European airport that serves new economies and emerging markets.
4. Keep a list of airports in Europe at hand for flexible travel arrangements.
Use the major European airports rated best by business travelersSome major airports in Europe soar above the rest in traveler satisfaction surveys. Each of these European airports serves as a hub for international business and leisure travel.
Don't overlook European airports outside the main hubsIn these days of global finance and emerging markets, your European travel may take you anywhere from Manchester to Minsk. Look for an airport in Europe that's located where you need to be.
Keep a list of airports in Europe at handBookmark links to Internet directories of European airports on your PDA or laptop to make and adjust travel plans on the fly.
- Internet links for most major airports in Europe offer English-language pages. If English doesn't come up when you link to an airport page, look for a menu bar language option: it may say "English," or feature a US or UK flag icon to click. For smaller airports, which don't always have English pages, you may need to link to your air carrier instead.