Hats off to Cisco for making one of the bigger B2B viral video splashes we’ve seen in a while. The video, titled I Am the World’s Most Interesting Intern, created by Cisco social media intern Greg Justice, appeared today on Cisco’s blog The Platform and already has the social media Twitterati buzzing. And with good reason, we think:
- It’s edgy: How many B2B powerhouses would give an intern a speaking role on a corporate blog?
- It’s giving the brand personality: We’re getting a glimpse of what it’s like to work at and/or do business with Cisco – and it looks like a lot of fun.
- It’s a great recruiting tactic: We bet they’ll be drowning in applications for their internships for a while.
- It’s unexpected: This video really stands out among the rest of Cisco’s social media conversation. They’re pretty chatty online, but it’s mostly business. This is business with a twist.
- It’s got legs: As interns everywhere take up Greg’s challenge and compete to top this, the companies they’re working for will ride Cisco’s social media wave and reap the benefits – with lots of credit given and links back to Cisco.
See for yourself:
Greg was even thoughtful enough to include the lyrics for his rap in his post on Cisco’s blog. A new classic or a flash in the pan? Love to hear your thoughts.