Twitter just announced that there is a new Twitter Terms of Service, and we know you're all getting around to reading it, but...you've been busy. So here is a quick guide to what you need to know:
1. The basic points (per Biz Stone's comments about the new Terms of Service):
- "Your tweets belong to you, not Twitter."
- "We leave the door open for advertising."
2. The rules to Twitter (pay attention here - these are some of the factors Twitter takes into account to determine spam):
- If you follow a large amount of users in a short amount of time
- If you follow and unfollow people in a short time period
- If you repeatedly follow and unfollow people
- If you have a small number of followers compared to the number of people you are following
- If your updates consist mainly of links, and not personal updates
- If you post multiple unrelated updates to a trending topic