Although your bank supplies you with bank deposit slips, you may need more. You can buy your business deposit slips online. Business deposit slips come in booked deposit slips, laser deposit slips and 3-on-a-page deposit slips. You can also make your own printable deposit slips. Always look for special deals on deposit slips for companies; many vendors offer them.
When buying deposit slips for companies consider:
- Sufficient number of lines on a deposit slip if you deposit a large number of checks.
- Buying business deposit slips that make copies for your records.
- The amount of deposit tickets you are getting.
- The cost of the deposit slips.
Use the banking deposit slips that your bank issuedStarting a business can be costly so you need to use all the freebies that you can at the beginning. Banking deposit slips are one of the items that you can wait to buy; just use the ones the bank gave you at the beginning. You can then note what you like about them so you know what you want when you buy deposit slips.
Buy banking deposit slips onlineWhen your business starts to grow, you need more supplies and hopefully deposit slips are one of them.
Get laser deposit slips to use in your businessAlthough a little more expensive, you can use these deposit slips with your laser printer and QuickBooks, Quicken or Peachtree software. You can purchase these from many vendors and you won't have to handwrite a deposit slip ever again.
Create your own deposit slipsBuy software for your computer to create your own deposit slips. Unlike accounting packages such as QuickBooks and Peachtree, you don't have to have specific paper to make your own deposit slips. You never have to worry about running out of deposit slips again.
- Whether you buy or make your own deposit slips, always confirm that the information is accurate.
- Use a Microsoft Word template to create your own deposit slips, but be aware your bank may not accept them. Therefore, create your deposit slip and test it out at your bank to see if its accepted. If they are, then you won't need any other software to create your deposit slips.