State employees' credit unions in Virginia can be a wise choice for your banking needs. A state of Virginia employees’ credit union provides some of the lowest loan rates around with competitive interest rates and flexible terms, which make them perfect for auto and home loans or lines of credit. Virginia state employees can also take advantage of the credit unions’ checking and savings options, investment opportunities or low rate credit cards.
Choosing to bank at a Virginia employees’ credit union is tricky. In order to join one of these credit unions, you need to be a Virginia state employee or a family member of a Virginia state employee. Check to see if you qualify for a state credit union or try a Virginia federal employee credit union that allows state employees to also join.
Consider the following when looking for state employees' credit unions in Virginia:
1. Talk to current members of a Virginia employee credit union to learn the details of the credit union.
2. Find a credit union for Virginia employees with online sources.
3. Search for local branches of Virginia credit unions for state employees.
Locate a specific Virginia employees' credit union by nameOne of the best forms of advertising is word of mouth. Listen to others when you're looking to join a state employees' credit union in Virginia. You can then research each credit union to see if you qualify and decide if any of them meet your needs.
Find a Virginia state employees' credit union to joinIf you or any family members meet the eligibility requirements, join one of the credit unions for state employees in Virginia. It can save you money while serving all your financial needs.
Select a Virginia state employees' credit union that caters to teachersMany credit unions for state employees in Virginia are open to teachers and other employees in the school system. See if you meet the requirements to take advantage of all the added benefits you receive by becoming a member of a credit union geared especially towards those in the field of education.
- Since you may be eligible for more than one Virginia employee credit union, shop around. Compare the interest rates for savings, checking and loans as well as any minimums they require, so you get the best deal a Virginia employees' credit union offers.
- Many credit unions for employees of the state in Virginia offer shared branching, which means you can use another city or state's credit union as if it was your local state employee credit union.