Business on Main is a new Sprint-sponsored small business destination site just launched by MSN and Mindshare. Featuring high-quality videos, experts to answer your questions, ways to connect with other business owners, an extensive library of articles, along with a variety of other tools and resources, Business on Main delivers a well-rounded package that can help you build your business. (Business.com and What Works for Business are also providing some of the content for Business on Main. )
MSN has paid particular attention to making the site easy to navigate and has made site features fun and practical at the same time. Each episode of the video show Cool Runnings, for example, chronicles some of the big trends and ideas that are shapping successful small businesses, spotlighting innovative small companies and some of the cool techniques that are keeping them out front.
Here are some of the other things available at Business on Main now, or soon to come:
- Articles written by experts and sourced from leading business websites (including Business.com).
- A Business on Main community (scheduled for expansion mid-2009) that will let you set up a profile for yourself and your business, join groups of other business owners by industry or location, and sign up for news feeds by industry.
- A bank of tools and resources offering ways to improve and expand your business.
- A place to post questions and receive real-time answers from other business owners in the community area.
- Opportunities throughout the site to comment, share, post questions, offer advice and vote on videos.
- A Business Fantasy Camp video series. In each episode, a small business owner spends time shadowing a mentor who offers on-the-fly training, tips and advice on tackling specific business challenges.
Business on Main has much to offer, so check it out.