Our cell phone attachment has reached an all time high. We feel as though we must always be within an arm’s reach of our phones. Whether we’re texting between bites of a sandwich at lunch, or falling asleep with our phones in our hands, many of us spend more time with our mobiles then we spend with our friends or family members.
But in the world of business, sometimes we have to maintain this obsessive relationship with our cell phones. But what does that mean for the cost of our phone services?
Below, My Voip Provider has selected the top mobile VoIP apps for smartphone users. These providers have been selected because their smartphone apps offer good features with the best potential for savings.
- RingCentral: RingCentral offers mobile apps for Androids, iPhones, and BlackBerrys. With their mobile app, you can use your cell phone to make and receive phone calls from your VoIP business number.
- Vocalocity: Offering a VoIP mobile app to iPhone and Android users, this VoIP provider features low international rates on calls to locations like the UK, China, and Italy for only $.03 per minute.
- 8×8: When you get an 8×8 Virtual Office or Virtual Office Pro VoIP plan, you receive the mobile app for your iPhone or Android at no additional fee. Additionally, when you’re outside of the US, turn off your cell’s data roaming, connect to the WiFi, and you won’t encounter international roaming charges.
A standard cell phone service costs 10 cents a minute for calls, but with mobile VoIP apps, you could pay a fee of just 1.7 to 2.4 cents a minute when you download the app to your smartphone, which comes out to saving between $30 and $70 per month.
Along with the lower fees, one major reason users choose to download VoIP mobile apps is to keep up with business while on the go; VoIP features like four-way calling, voicemail to email, and video and group chat make it easy to run your business regardless of where you are.
VoIP mobile apps send signals over WiFi, 3G, and 4G. This means you can use your cell phone’s data plan rather than eating up your wireless minutes. Or even better, you can log into the wireless network in your home, and make VoIP calls that way.Getting VoIP mobile service is easy. The only requirements include:
- Compatible smartphone
- The app from your VoIP service provider
- A data plan or wireless network that is able to connect your cell phone to the Internet
Bio: Chloe Mulliner recently graduated from James Madison University with a degree in Media Arts and Design and a concentration in Journalism. She made the trek across country from Virginia to California, where she is now an SEO content writer for My VoIP Provider.