Business owners today have one huge advantage over their peers of yesteryear – smartphone applications. 10 years ago, business owners needed a computer, phone, fax, and a half-dozen other devices to get their business off and running.
Individuals now have all those necessities right in the palm of their hand. As a result, business owners have lightning speed access to everything they need with a mere touch of their iPhone or other smartphone. So if you’re starting out, here are five applications that you should have for a successful future.
- Gist. This app is for individuals who are constantly meeting and greeting potential business partners, colleagues, and customers; as a networker, keeping all your contact information in one central location is essential to success. Gist does just that. This handy application can import and update a wide variety of contact information, including phone numbers and emails, and store them for you to have at all times.
- DropBox. Have you ever been on your way to an important meeting, but then realized that you forget a key document? With the DropBox application, you no longer need to worry about not having access to all your vital business paperwork. This cloud application allows business owners to file, store, and retrieve documents without having to lug your laptop everywhere you go; all your important documents at the palm of your hands.
- Skype. Skype is already favored by friends and families who want to keep touch with long-distance loved ones. But did you know that it could be used for important conference calls as well? Depending on your smartphone’s data plan, Skype can prove to be an important tool for business owners who need a fast and easy way to communicate with multiple people at once.
- Ego. To be a successful business owner in today’s Internet-driven world, it is crucial to have a website. With Ego, now you can monitor just how well your website does in attracting potential clients and maintaining traffic. This vital application allows business owners to track weekly, daily, and even hourly hits to their site to evaluate the effectiveness of their online presence. You can even monitor the amount of people who are following you on Twitter, and reply to Twitter mentions, as well.
- Square. No matter how well you manage your contacts or communicate with clients, the true mark of a successful business is a healthy bank account. Now making sales is easier than ever with the Square application. This software affords business owners the opportunity to sell their services at any time from anywhere. For a flat percentage fee on every transaction, you can process a customer’s credit card from your own smartphone.
Luis Salazar works for Day2Day Printing, an online business printing company that offers club flyer printing, hang tag printing, and much more. With a passion for SEO, marketing, and design his skills allow him to provide creative solutions to businesses. When not sitting down at his desk you can find him jogging or jamming on his guitar.