Major business information publishers and service suppliers are more interested than ever in extending a helping hand to small business owners. On April 16, Verizon will officially announce a major makeover of the Verizon Small Business Center, focused on a new "Collaboration Center" that features a library of applications, hosted services, news, resources and professional networking. A few details:
- In My Applications, users can access email, calendar items and the business applications they've selected.
- Professional Networking lets you create a profile and exchange ideas with others in your industry and build business relationships.
- The My News and Resources section lets you select from a menu of different types of small business-related content - news, technology, government regulation, etc.
Starting April 21, Verizon will also offer a free bi-weekly webinar series featuring small business experts covering a wide range of topics, from SEO and Twitter for small business, to improving productivity.
Forbes, meanwhile, has revamped its Small Business Exchange, looking to boost membership and participation. Brett Nelson, Entrepreneurs Editor at Forbes.com, lists key benefits of joining up at his site:
- Ask questions and get answers from experts in key areas such as marketing, technology, finance and law.
- Connect with other small business owners, search company profiles, send messages and expand your network.
- Share your own expertise and track industry trends.
- Browse the latest small business news and advice from Forbes.com.