Whether you need information on helping a diverse group of employees work together, or guidance on training your company's next generation of leaders, leadership publications can point you toward the latest trends and methods for motivating your staff. Effective leadership requires much more than an eye on the bottom line; today, it also requires understanding of what drives employees, and the ability to quickly respond to changes inside and outside your organization.
Fortunately, magazines and books on leadership reflect the complexity of this continually changing field, with niche publications designed just for women, minorities and entrepreneurs, for example. Leadership articles and books offer advice on:
- Styles and theories of leadership
- Self-development for more effective leadership
- Leading a multi-cultural or multi-generational workplace
- Leadership for specific industries, through leadership journals published by industry associations
Strengthen your management skills with organizational leadership articlesArticles on leadership are a standard part of most management publications, focusing on everything from creativity in leadership to profiles of successful leaders.
Harvard Business Review and Forbes magazine.
Learn the basics from a leadership magazine for entrepreneursIf you're just starting a business, publications for start-up companies can introduce you to leadership principles and advise you on juggling leading your staff with the logistics of launching a business.
Level the playing field with management articles specifically for womenMost publications designed for women business owners include sections on leadership. Their leadership articles range from advice on boosting your self-esteem to become a more authoritative leader, to how to compete on the same level as male executives.
Have leadership articles delivered right to your inbox--with free e-newslettersE-newsletters offer timely information that's easy to digest and apply to your organization, and most are free.
Find business publishers that specialize in leadership booksWith leadership books, you can explore leadership styles, theories and methods in greater depth.
- Take advantage of the many "extras" that most leadership publications offer, including online discussion forums, free online training and discounts on leadership books and seminars.
- You could easily invest a significant chunk of your budget in the many leadership magazines and journals available, so sign up for a free trial issue before subscribing.