Though many Internet-based personal web tools are designed for individuals, they're also ideal for business purposes, and can easily be adapted for your company's needs. With calendar software, for example, employees can view each other's schedules, making it easier to set times for meetings or other group events. And with an online calendar address book, your staff can keep track of both their schedules and important contact information.
With online services for managing personal information, you can:
- Schedule email alerts to remind you of appointments and meetings.
- Store contact information for clients and associates.
- Add features to your web site.
- Merge information from multiple personal web tools.
Manage your schedule with Internet-based personal calendar toolsMany professionals live by their datebook. With meetings often scheduled back-to-back, they depend on their calendars to help them stay productive and in touch. As handy as the traditional paper calendar is, online personal calendar tools offer greater flexibility. You can post your calendar online, so other staff members or clients can see when you're available, and you can set email reminders so you'll never miss an important appointment.
Keep track of colleagues, clients and friends with online services for contactsYou probably have a stack of business cards given to you by associates, clients and suppliers, and managing all of that information can be challenging. Your network of associates and colleagues is one of your most valuable assets, so you'll want to ensure their contact information is never lost. Online address books and contact lists can serve as permanent storage for that information, and make it easier to add to or change your list.
Enhance your online presence with personal web site toolsSpruce up your company's web site with interactive features like discussion forums, guestbooks, and contact and feedback forms. These tools make your business seem more accessible and user-friendly, and may encourage visitors to come back to your site repeatedly.
- With so many personal web tools available, you may want to start by evaluating free programs, and signing up for free trial versions of fee-based software, before you invest. This will give you a better idea of which programs offer the most flexibility and features.