Free web site submissions disprove the old axiom that you get what you pay for. It's important to optimize your site for search engines. Using free web site submitting services is one step in bringing in web traffic.
Take advantage of free URL registration/web site submission and and start with the following basic steps:
1. Edit your content for your target keywords in the meta tags of your page's code, headings, subheadings and the first 50 characters of your page's content.
2. Use one of the free web site submitting services to submit your site to the search engines.
3. Create and submit a sitemap file for search engines to recognize every page within your site.
Companies that offer free web site submissions can recommend keywordsBefore using free web site submitting services, make sure you are using the right keywords within your meta tags.
Submit your URL to free web site submission servicesFree URL submission tools can be found at a number of sites. It is usually used as a marketing tool because the companies offer other paid services as well.
Use a quick, do-it-yourself web site submission toolThere are free downloads available for you to submit your web site manually to search engines.
- Before you try free web site submissions, make sure that your site design does not include an introductory splash page, because this type of content-free page tends to lower your page ranking.
- Some things a free web site submission service will not tell you: make use of meta tags and alt tags within your code to identify keywords and the content of images and links on your pages.
- Several search engines, not just Google, now use sitemap files. Learn how to submit this file to Yahoo, Ask.com, Moreover.com and Live.com, as well as using free URL submission to search engines.