Many prospective customers form their first impression of your company not from your Web site, but from your presentation folder. Consider the abundance of company literature that you place in a presentation folder and disseminate at trade shows, conferences and meetings, and mail to prospects. With so much riding on your presentation folder, it makes sense to give careful thought to its look and feel. Some factors to consider:
- Your presentation folder design should be consistent with the design of your letterhead, brochures and other company literature, as well as your Web site.
- Make it easy for prospects to find your contact information and Web site address. Select a folder with an inside pocket that includes a slot where you can insert your business card.
- A presentation folder that creases or falls apart easily doesn't reflect well on your company. Select a paper stock that can withstand the rigors of travel.
Call a design pro to create your presentation foldersYou'll get the best results if you hire a professional graphic designer to design your presentation folder. If funds are tight and you have to go the do-it-yourself route, look for folder design templates to help you achieve a polished, professional look.
Select a presentation folder that stands out from the crowdImpress your customers with a folder that makes its own statement.
Make presentation folder printing easyGetting printed presentation folders doesn't have to involve a lot of people or a dedicated design team. You can hand your custom presentation folders over to a Web-based printer that will design as well as print your folders.
- For a dramatic effect, consider putting a photo on the cover of your presentation folder.
- Your graphic designer should provide two or three preliminary presentation folder design choices.
- Put your presentation folders to work as an internal marketing tool. Place employee-orientation material in your folders and hand them to new employees.