Industrial gases are useful for various industries such as chemicals, medical, pharmaceuticals, fertilizers and HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning). Metal working and wood working industries also use industrial gases.
Compressed industrial gas or cylinder gas is the most common form of industrial gas supply. It is available in all sizes and purities for processes ranging from welding to instrument calibration. Industrial gas manufacturers also supply gases in other forms like liquefied gases and on-site manufactured gases. Liquefied gases are useful for chemicals and food industries and on-site manufactured gases are useful for oil and metal industries.
Some important parameters you must consider before buying an industrial gas are:
- Application of the industrial gases
- Features of the industrial gas such as purity, form and quantity
- Maximum Allowable Working Pressure (MAWP) for the pressurized industrial gas system
- Requirement of safety fittings for gas pipelines
- Capacity of the gas storage tanks
Buy industrial gas from reputable industrial gas manufacturersOnce you identify your industrial gas requirements, you can direct the industrial gas manufacturer to supply you in cylinder or install an on-site manufacturing process.
Buy applications for handling and storing industrial gases from reputed manufacturersWhile setting up a storage unit for high-pressure hydrogen, nitrogen or other industrial gases, you ask the gas manufacturers to supply applications like diaphragms, pistons and compressors.
Buy industrial gases through pipelinesIf your industrial processes need large volumes of industrial gases, then choosing a pipeline supply from industrial gas companies would be much economical. However, you must install proper accessories and fittings such as safety valves, leak detectors and gas meters.
- Consult an expert while using specialty gases such as inert gases and highly reactive industrial gases.
- Follow proper safety measures while installing industrial gas storage units and on-site manufacturing facilities.
- Register with the reputable associations of the industrial gas producers to keep yourself updated about the technological innovations.