The chemicals in the leather industry play in important role for various leather treatment processes. Depending on the treatment process, leather chemicals come in different types such as leather tanning chemicals, leather coloring chemicals, leather processing chemicals and leather finishing chemicals.
Leather chemical producers supply natural and synthetic leather chemicals. With new techniques and innovations in the leather chemicals industry, the chemical suppliers can also offer specialty leather chemicals that are useful to process more than one type of leather products.
Some important parameters you must consider before buying chemicals for leather treatment are:
- Application of the chemical
- Type of chemical leather treatment process
- Required quantity of the leather chemicals
- Chemical properties of the leather chemicals: composition, pH, solubility and reactivity
- Physical properties of the leather chemicals: viscosity and boiling point
- Innovations and latest products available in leather chemicals industry
Buy leather chemicals from a reputable leather chemicals producerOnce you know your leather processing requirements, check out different leather treatment products available in the market.
LANXESS, a reputable chemical manufacturer, offers various performance chemicals including leather chemicals. Leather Magic is a supplier of a variety of leather chemicals such as stain removers, leather dyes, leather conditioners, leather cleaners and leather protection chemicals. You can buy leather finishing chemicals at Hauthaway Corp., a reputable supplier of polymer and finishing chemicals. Boehme Filatex is a specialty chemical manufacturer that supplies leather dispersions.
Buy leather chemicals from reputable chemical distributors or retailersIndustrial chemical distributors offer a variety of leather chemicals. You can compare different leather chemicals based on their features and prices at distributors or retailers' websites. Some distributors also offer leather treatment kits that consist of leather chemicals and instruments for applying the leather chemicals.
You can buy leather tanning chemicals and kits at Leather Unlimited, a reputable distributor of leather products and leathercraft supplies. You can also checkout the products offered by Leather World Technologies, a reputable company that supplies leather cleaners, conditioners and leather care kits. If you know the scientific names of the leather chemicals, search chemicals offered by reputable chemical distributors such as Hydrite Chemical and ChemicalRegister.
Buy specialty leather chemicalsIf standard leather chemicals available in the market do not meet your requirements, you can ask the reputable chemical manufacturers to supply specialty or customized leather chemicals that suit your applications.
In addition to the broad array of standard leather chemicals, Leather Technologies offers chemicals as per customers’ requirements. Atlas Refinery is another supplier of specialty chemicals that serves leather product manufacturers. Clariant is a global chemical manufacturer that supplies leather finishing chemicals.
- Follow chemical suppliers' instructions to store the leather chemicals.
- Be careful while handling and applying leather chemicals, as inhaling or skin contact of some leather chemicals is harmful for the human operators.
- Make sure that you use the leather chemicals before the maximum shelf life of leather chemicals as specified by the leather chemical producer.
- Register with reputable associations of chemical suppliers such as SOCMA (Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturers Association) and NACD (National Association of Chemical Distributors) to keep yourself updated with the latest innovations in the leather chemicals industry.