Polymers are complex chemicals with repeating structural units that have covalent chemical bonds. Though the most popular usage of polymer compounds is in plastic production, the term refers to a wide range of synthetic and natural materials with a variety of purposes and properties.
Though a large variety of synthetic or natural polymers is available in the market, polyethylene (or polythene), polystyrene and polypropylene are some of the popular chemical polymer compounds supplied by the polymer manufacturers.
Polymer manufacturing and polymer processing companies provide polymers and polymer compounds for a variety of applications. Industries that extensively use polymers are pharmaceuticals, chemicals, oil and gas, plastics and rubber.
Some of the important parameters you must consider before purchasing polymers are:
- Application of the polymers
- Type of polymers available in the market
- Operating conditions such as temperature, pressure and corrosiveness of the environment
- Chemical properties of the polymers such as composition and reactivity
- Physical properties of the polymers such as hardness, density and dimensions
Buy polyethylene from reputable polymer manufacturersCompanies that manufacture consumer products require polyethylene or polythene, a thermoplastic polymer.
Buy polystyrene from reputable polymer producersFor low-strength structural applications that require good impact resistance, use polystyrene compound products. Polystyrene has dimensional stability and are useful for making pre-production prototypes.
Buy polypropylene films from reputable polymers manufacturersPolypropylene films are very useful for packaging industry. Polypropylene (PP) films come in different types such as horizontal form fill seal (HFFS) films, vertical form fill seal (VFFS) films, heat shrinkable polymer films and twist polymer films.
- Consult an expert about formulating a specialty polymer, as the mechanical properties of polymers depend significantly on variables such as the extent and type of branching, the crystal structure and the molecular weight.
- Refer the state regulations about recycling and disposal of the polymers and polymer resins.
- If you want to use the polymers at extreme operating conditions, consult the polymer supplier, as some polymers may disintegrate at extreme operating temperatures and pressures.
- Register with reputable associations of polymer producers to keep yourself updated about innovations in polymer technologies.