Urethane, or thermoplastic polyurethane, is a compound made from plastic and rubber. Its flexible and durable properties make urethane an attractive material to use in manufacturing procedures or for electrical insulation. Urethane products can easily be stretched or molded into different shapes or sizes while maintaining their original properties. Even in cooler temperatures or whenever it hardens, urethane and urethane products do not turn brittle or wear over time. Besides the industrial markets, the pharmaceutical, automotive, clothing and recreational businesses use urethane. Products and equipment made from urethane products include ear plugs, tire treads for elevators or escalators, and orthodontic bands, to name a few.
Benefits abound with urethane for business or manufacturing. Compared to metals, plastics and rubber, urethane lasts longer regardless of whether it's softened or hardened. Most urethane products are also FDA-approved, which means they can be used in food handling applications. Urethane molds, castings and others typically resist impact, provide noise reduction and can be inexpensive to manufacture.
1. Buy urethane products and other materials used for industrial or market use.
2. Find urethane manufacturers that provide design assistance and capabilities for molds, casts and other parts.
3. Stock accessories such as urethane primer, urethane finish and urethane remover.
Shop for urethane products and other materials for certain industries or applicationsOther markets that use urethane include boating, aerospace, chemical, electrical, mechanical, semiconductor and more.
Locate urethane manufacturers that offer additional services or capabilities for urethane productsFind urethane information from manufacturers or suppliers that are known for custom design and repair services.
Buy urethane and urethane-related accessories and suppliesUrethane primer, urethane coating and urethane remover may be needed to finish or fix certain tools or other products.
- High-quality urethane should be lightweight, resilient, exhibit molding capabilities and show resistance to aging, corrosion and chemicals.
- Sizes and dimensions of urethane products and accessories may vary depending on the urethane manufacturer. Sizes range from 24-by-48 inches to 60-by-600 inches. Urethane products are commonly packaged as rolls, sheets, tubes and liners.