Commercial mortgage lenders provide loans for commercial, retail and industrial properties as well as for expanding an existing business property. The business mortgage process is very different from the residential mortgage process. Commercial loan rates vary considerably based on the amount and duration of the loan as well as on the lender. Researching commercial loan rates can be a time-consuming task. That’s why you may want to consider using commercial mortgage brokers in the U.S. to simplify the task.
Commercial mortgage brokers research commercial lenders for you and root out the best commercial lending rates. In addition, commercial mortgage brokers often have access to deals on commercial loan financing that you may not be able to find on your own.
To find the best local and national commercial lenders:
- Be prepared to turn over your company’s financial information to get the best commercial lending rates.
- Make sure you're working with reputable lenders for commercial loans by checking records with government and better-business groups.
- Start your search for commercial mortgage lenders and commercial mortgage brokers online.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate with commercial lenders. Think of your business mortgage as a product, much like a new car or home. Terms and rates may be negotiable.
Search commercial mortgage brokers and lenders associationsCommercial mortgage lenders associations and commercial mortgage brokers associations can help you locate professionals with expertise in commercial mortgage lending.
Assessor Links USA, you can find a state-by-state list of associations for mortgage banks, many of which offer commercial loan financing. Many of the members listed at the National Association of Mortgage Brokers are commercial mortgage brokers.
Use online sources to search for commercial mortgage lenders in the U.S.Take advantage of a variety of online sources to scout out commercial lenders.
C-Loans.com, you can fill out a mini-application online and the system sorts through its database of 700 commercial mortgage lenders to find the lenders that best fit your needs.
Work with national commercial lendersMany national mortgage companies are lenders for commercial loans as well as residential loans. These national commercial lenders offer several commercial mortgage lending products that may be right for you.
Commercial mortgage lenders include local and regional banksWhen searching for lenders for commercial loans, don't forget about your local bank.
Rely on business mortgage experts for info on the commercial lending industryBlogs written by commercial mortgage experts can offer insight about commercial mortgage lenders in the U.S. and the lending industry in general.
- When checking commercial mortgage rates, make sure each commercial loan rate is from the same time period since rates can vary drastically based on market fluctuations.
- Commercial mortgage lending companies usually require a 20 percent down payment on commercial loans.
- Beware that commercial lending rates often don't include all fees and charges. Ask about any additional fees before signing.
- Take note that as a condition of the loan, commercial mortgage lenders may impose restrictions on the use of the property.