Office space rentals are a smart alternative to traditional office building leases or commercial office purchases. Office space rentals often offer great advantages like reduced costs for support staff and all-inclusive monthly lease prices. Office space rentals are particularly appealing to start-up companies, entrepreneurs and small business professionals who lack capital for equipment and furniture.
Office space rentals usually come fully equipped and furnished for quick and easy setup for busy small business professionals. Office space rental facilities typically provide mail, telephone and internet services and some even offer shared support staff services.
To find the best deal on office space rentals, take the time to compare facilities. Pay close attention to the following:
1. Is the office space rental in a location convenient for you, your staff and your clients? Is the office easy to find and accessible by major roads and highways?
2. What kind of facilities and amenities are offered with the office space rental? Is the space fully furnished? Does it project a professional image?
3. What support services are included in the office space rental? Does the office space include telephones, voice mail and internet connection? Do you have access to clerical support?
Choose a conveniently located office space rentalLocation is important, especially if you plan to meet current and prospective clients at your office. If you are an expanding business, be sure to consider the office location from an employee's commuting perspective. Look for a office space rental located in a safe and attractive neighborhood with well-kept grounds and adequate parking.
Select an office space rental with attractive facilitiesYour office space rental should project an image of success. Evaluate the quality of the furniture, appearance of the office and lobby areas and overall cleanliness of the building. Seek office space rentals with attractive meeting and conference rooms that will impress current and future clients.
Lease an office space rental with professional equipment and support servicesMake sure your office space rental is equipped with the infrastructure you need for business success. Office space rentals should include standard business equipment like telephones, fax machines, copiers and high-speed internet access. Look for value-added services like receptionists, clerical support, mail services, personalized telephone answering services and videoconferencing capabilities.
- When evaluating an office space rental, be sure to talk with potential office space or office building partners. Find out about their business, working hours, clients and business culture. Consider office space rentals near complementary businesses to increase your business contacts and exposure.
- Leases on office space rentals are typically six to 12 months, with some facilities offering three-month lease options. Be sure a lawyer who specializes in office and sub-leases reviews your lease contract before you sign any paperwork.