Serviced office space is a smart alternative to traditional office space leases. Serviced office spaces offer great advantages like reduced costs for support staff and all-inclusive monthly lease prices. Serviced office spaces are particularly appealing to start-up companies, entrepreneurs and small business professionals who lack capital for equipment, furniture and staffing.
Serviced office spaces usually come fully equipped and furnished for quick and easy setup for busy small business professionals. Serviced office space facilities provide mail, telephone and internet services and many include shared support staff services.
To find the best deal on serviced office spaces, take the time to compare facilities. Pay close attention to the following:
1. Is the serviced office space in a location convenient for you, your staff and your clients? Is the office easy to find and accessible by major roads and highways?
2. What kind of facilities and amenities are offered with the serviced office space? Is the space fully furnished? Does it project a professional image?
3. What support services are included in the serviced office space? Does the office space include telephones, voice mail and internet connection? Do you have access to clerical support?
Choose a conveniently located serviced office spaceLocation is important, especially if you plan to meet current and prospective clients at your office. If you are an expanding business, be sure to consider the office location from an employee's commuting perspective. Look for a serviced office space located in a safe and attractive neighborhood with well-kept grounds and adequate parking.
Select a serviced office space with attractive facilitiesYour serviced office space should project an image of success. Evaluate the quality of the furniture, appearance of the office and lobby areas and overall cleanliness of the building. Seek serviced office spaces with attractive meeting and conference rooms that will impress current and future clients.
Lease a serviced office space with professional equipment and support servicesMake sure your serviced office space is equipped with the infrastructure you need for business success. Serviced office spaces should include standard business equipment like telephones, fax machines, copiers and high-speed internet access. Look for value-added services like receptionists, clerical support, mail services, personalized telephone answering services and videoconferencing capabilities.
- When evaluating a serviced office space, be sure to talk with your potential office space partners. Find out about their business, working hours, clients and business culture. Consider leasing a serviced office space near complementary businesses to increase your business contacts and exposure.
- Serviced office space leases are typically six to 12 months, with some facilities offering three-month lease options. Be sure a lawyer who specializes in office and sub-leases reviews your lease contract before you sign any paperwork.