Shared office space is a smart alternative to traditional office space leases. Shared office spaces offer great advantages like reduced costs for support staff and all-inclusive monthly lease prices. Shared office spaces are particularly appealing to start-up companies, entrepreneurs and small business professionals who lack capital for equipment and furniture.
Shared office spaces usually come fully equipped and furnished for quick and easy setup for busy small business professionals. Shared office space facilities typically provide mail, telephone and internet services and some even offer shared support staff services.
To find the best deal on shared office spaces, take the time to compare facilities. Pay close attention to the following:
1. Is the shared office space in a location convenient for you, your staff and your clients? Is the office easy to find and accessible by major roads and highways?
2. What kind of facilities and amenities are offered with the shared office space? Is the space fully furnished? Does it project a professional image?
3. What support services are included in the shared office space? Does the office space include telephones, voice mail and internet connection? Do you have access to clerical support?
Choose a conveniently located shared office spaceLocation is important, especially if you plan to meet current and prospective clients at your office. If you are an expanding business, be sure to consider the office location from an employee's commuting perspective. Look for a shared office space located in a safe and attractive neighborhood with well-kept grounds and adequate parking.
Select a shared office space with attractive facilitiesYour shared office space should project an image of success. Evaluate the quality of the furniture, appearance of the office and lobby areas and overall cleanliness of the building. Seek shared office spaces with attractive meeting and conference rooms that will impress current and future clients.
Lease a shared office space with professional equipment and support servicesMake sure your shared office space is equipped with the infrastructure you need for business success. Shared office spaces should include standard business equipment like telephones, fax machines, copiers and high-speed internet access. Look for value-added services like receptionists, clerical support, mail services, personalized telephone answering services and videoconferencing capabilities.
- When evaluating a shared office space, be sure to talk with your potential office space partners. Find out about their business, working hours, clients and business culture. Consider leasing shared office space with complementary businesses to increase your business contacts and exposure.
- Shared office space leases are typically six to 12 months, with some facilities offering three-month lease options. Be sure a lawyer who specializes in office and sub-leases reviews your lease contract before you sign any paperwork.