Computers are mandatory for any business, but the basics alone are rarely enough. Computer hardware peripherals provide you with the tools that enhance your productivity. Computer peripherals turn a computer from a simple word processor to a powerful business system.
Ideally, you’ve done your homework and purchased the computer or computers for your business. No doubt, the computer manufacturer or retail store salesperson made some suggestions about what you should have, and that includes a monitor and CD or DVD-ROM. Whether you opted for desktop models or laptops or a combination, spend some time equipping your computer with the right computer peripheral accessories.
Advantages of including the right components & peripherals for your business include:
1. Increased efficiency and productivity with high-tech computer peripheral devices
2. The ability to be competitive with other businesses
3. Allowing a computer peripheral to help you provide better customer service
Look inside your computer firstYou don't have to look literally, but remember that a top computer peripheral is your memory, so know how much you have. Average desktop computers come with 512MB of memory, but if you can afford to go up to 1 or 2 gigabytes, do so. You'll be surprised at how fast your hard drive can fill up.
Input with comfortA keyboard tends to be a standard operating computer peripheral device in computer systems sold. What you may not know is that the keyboard that came with your computer isn't necessarily the best for efficiency.
Consider combination computer hardware peripheralsBusinesses often need printers and fax machines. Scanners are almost as important as printers. In recent years, all-in-ones have moved to the top of the wish list of computer peripheral devices.
Network your computersMost computers come with an internal modem or PC cards to allow you to use e-mail and the Internet. If your office contains several computers, you might want to invest in a router for wireless networking, not only to connect everyone to the Internet, but also to share files and printers.
Shop for the best computer hardware peripherals at the best pricesAfter you decide what you want, it's time to get the best computer peripherals at the best price.
- A neat gizmo is a USB flash drive, sometimes called a thumb drive, which plugs into other computers. These thumb-size external hard drives allow you to take files where you need them, whether it's home, on a business trip or to your kid's soccer game.
- Make certain that specialty computer peripherals are compatible with your system.