Laptop batteries are a must for using laptops away from a power source. Laptops are the perfect computer solution for businesspeople who travel frequently or those who split their work between the office and home. Despite major technological advancements in the computer industry, however, the notebook computer battery continues to prove problematic for many otherwise satisfied laptop users.
If you're tired of watching employers lose valuable work due to battery failure or don't enjoy attaching yourself to an outlet for the duration of your workday, it's time to find a remedy.
The Internet is replete with laptop battery info ranging from buying guides to tips, hacks and strategies for resurrecting lifeless power sources. Before delving into the exhaustive laptop batteries information, consider the following:
1. Whether to buy new batteries or use the ones you have more efficiently.
2. How to properly dispose of your used laptop batteries.
3. Battery life requirements for your business and associated restrictions based on the make, model and age of your laptop computers.
Train employees to conserve laptop battery powerChanging laptop settings and altering other usage behavior can significantly prolong notebook battery life. A slight shift in corporate culture toward conservation, through proper training, is likely to save you time and money in the long run.
Resist the urge to buy refurbished notebook batteriesBuyer beware. Many computer retailers tout their inventory of heavily discounted, refurbished laptop batteries. Although this may appeal to your business's bottom line, customers generally do not get their money's worth.
Go green and recycle used batteriesMany laptop batteries contain heavy metals like lead acid and mercury, which damage the environment if disposed of or handled improperly. Certain states, like Florida and Vermont, require businesses to recycle their used batteries. Demonstrate your businesses' dedication to the community and the earth through partnering with battery recycling organizations.
Shop for laptop batteries onlineThere are several reputable companies that offer laptop batteries for sale.
- Although business travelers often enjoy watching DVDs or listening to CDs through their laptop, these activities quickly drain battery life. Bring specialized media devices along and save your laptop for work-related activities.
- Fully discharge your notebook computer battery every few weeks to prevent the memory effect, or voltage depression. This laptop batteries information does not apply to Lithium Ion power sources.
- Buy extra laptop batteries to power your computer in a pinch. Consider external laptop batteries for longer life, especially useful on long business trips. These usually require their own charging devices and not all notebook computers can track their charge levels.