Auto attendant features can be part of a business PBX console or a traditional multi-line extension key phone system. Other auto attendants can be part of a hosted business phone service, a business suite software package or a lower cost Internet-based or VoIP service.
The benefits of automated attendant products for business phone systems include:
- Redirects a high volume of callers to appropriate employee phone extensions and voice mailboxes
- Replaces the need for human operators, saving employee costs
- Allows callers to get specific pre-recorded business information 24/7
- Routes callers to menus and fax capabilities
- Connects callers remotely via VoIP
- Extends business hours of operation by linking to automated functions like telephone banking
Find out about hosted auto attendant products for business phone systemsHosted auto attendant products for business provide a higher level of technical and customer support than many other options
Visit web-based auto attendant services websitesWeb-based auto attendant services are a lower-cost do-it-yourself alternative to hosted phone services.
Consider hardware/software automated attendant service office phone productsFor those businesses with a technical staff, hardware/software office phone products with auto attendant solutions provide a self-maintenance option.
Consider stand-alone auto attendant software productsIf you have a small business and are technically-oriented, stand-alone automated attendant products may be a lower cost self-maintenance option.
- Many business users have recently begin to refer to a phone auto attendant feature as IVR or Interactive Voice Response.