A thin client is not a skinny computer. Thin client computers are client computers or client software within client server networks, and they depend on the central server for all processing activities.
Many thin client devices operate desktop software remotely, meaning the software does not reside on the computer. The bulk of the processing runs on the server.
Here are some benefits of using a thin client server.
1. Security. Thin client software upgrades are performed on the server, resulting in greater protection from viruses, and tighter desktop control.
2. Versatility. A thin client network can run PC applications without the necessity of PC management. Any of several operating systems can be used with a thin client PC.
3. Economical. Thin client devices are less expensive overall and are more reliable. Initial outlay is less, and thin clients can be managed and operated more cheaply than multiple PCs.
Get the most up-to-date information on thin client computingIf you know just enough about information technology to be dangerous, having references that explain thin client computers is critical. Find details about thin client devices that clarify what thin clients are, explain how they can aid your business, and point you in the direction of thin client solutions that are right for you.
Decide the type of thin client computing that is best for your businessThin clients will help make your business more efficient and secure, and will help cut operating costs. Thin client products have several different configurations: basic, browser, flexible, and Linux. Thin client terminals come in a stand-alone modular style, with built-in monitor, or an integrated style.
Get technical support for thin client terminalsIf you decide to make the switch to thin client networking, you'll need a company that will work closely with you to plan and execute your system deployment. The best choice is a company that focuses on your interests and needs instead of merely selling a product. You'll also want someone who combines design expertise with best-of-class products, producing the right system for your business at the lowest cost.
- Instead of replacing old desktop computers, turn them into thin client terminals. Save money and do the environment good by recycling.
- Contact an expert in thin client technology to discuss your particular situation. Someone familiar with thin client computers will take the guesswork out of how you can make the switch to thin client computing.