Air conditioning rentals may be ideal for some situations. If you are in a temporary setting, have a traveling business or just want to try out an air conditioning model before investing, then renting is the way to go.
Prices vary greatly according to the type of air conditioners for rent and the electric supply needed to power them. Some companies offer advice on which model you need and what will serve you best. It is a good idea to take advantage of these services, even if they charge a small fee for it.
When choosing an AC rental you need to:
- Go with a reputable AC rental company.
- Sign a contract detailing everything from repairs to fees to length of terms.
- Reserve the unit way in advance, especially for the summer months.
Rent a window air conditioning unitWindow units work well for residential air conditioning and small offices. Installation fees may be high since installing a unit in a window requires a small bit of carpentry. Other than installation, a window unit is probably the cheapest month-to-month rental cost.
Get central AC unit rentalsCentral air conditioning units are the most consistent in cooling and the most efficient. They are great for residences or small to medium office settings. A central air conditioner rental is much more reliable than window or potable units, so this is a good choice if your business has plenty of computer and technological equipment that needs to stay cool in order to work properly.
Choose a portable air conditioner rentalPortable air conditioner rentals are often used for events such as weddings, live performances and sporting events. They can also be used to cool small areas in buildings too large to condition the whole thing. In settings like these, the portable unit is often moved along with workers as they move around.
Use an industrial air conditioning unitThese are the most expensive to rent, run and install. They are also the biggest investment to buy, so renting beforehand is a wise move. These cool off the largest areas such as large offices and factories.
- Don't go with the cheapest prices, which probably translate into oldest units and worst service.
- Ask about installation fees associated with air conditioner rentals, which may make low prices invalid.
- Don't forget to inquire about delivery fees of the AC rentals, which may be astronomical.