If you spend most of the day on your feet, an anti fatigue mat can help reduce fatigue, back problems and leg stress. Many businesses use anti fatigue mats including restaurants, machine shops, hospitals, manufacturing companies and retail chains.
Why should you consider anti fatigue mats for your business?
- Anti fatigue mats are created especially for individuals who must stand for long periods of time on the job.
- Interlocking anti fatigue mats can be customized to offer different sizes for various work stations.
- An anti fatigue floor mat provides employees with increased comfort and less stress on their bodies than standing on hard surfaces like concrete or tile.
Look for thick anti fatigue matsThicker mats will often give you greater comfort for long periods on your feet. With all other things equal, choose a thicker mat for the best comfort.
Use an anti fatigue mat with good traction controlFor areas where oil, grease or chemicals are used, make sure you purchase anti fatigue mats with good traction. Your employees will benefit from the comfort of the mat and the safety of the traction.
Buy anti static, insulative or non-conductive mats for vulnerable work stationsAnti fatigue mats can also provide additional safety measure in work stations that need them. Depending on the characteristics of the work being done, use a specialty mat.
- When buying an anti fatigue floor mat, be sure to measure the space that you want it to fit. Some mats have special, beveled edges that you don't want to cut to fit.
- After experiencing a noticeable difference when using an anti fatigue mat, some employees may purchase an anti fatigue kitchen mat for their home.