Small businesses, particularly new ones, don’t often have a large budget for decorating. Yet your business space needs to project a professional and attractive face to your clientele. Discount area rugs can help give your space style and warmth without making you spend all your money in one place. Consider what an area rug can do for your space:
- Area rugs give wood, cement, or other “cold” floors warmth and comfort.
- They add color and style to your office.
- You can use discount area rugs in high traffic areas to protect more expensive flooring.
- Clearance area rugs can cover up stained or worn carpet or other flooring blemishes so your office doesn’t give off the wrong impression.
Measure your office space for area rugsBefore you begin shopping, you'll want to measure the areas that you'd like to cover with discount area rugs. While it may be easy to return a rug that doesn't fit to a local home improvement store, you may wind up with extra shipping costs if you need to return one you bought online. Write down the measurements and the number of area rugs you'd like so you'll have a record when you're shopping
Consider what traffic levels your discount area rugs will encounterYou'll want durable, stain resistant rugs in high traffic areas. More delicate rugs can be used for decoration or warmth in less trafficked areas. Even with clearance area rugs, you may be able to find a retailer who offers a guarantee on the rug's durability. Keep in mind that sometimes you'll need to pay a little extra to get the durability that you need, but it will pay off in the long run as you won't need to replace the area rug as often.
Use area rugs to create style in your officeIf you don't have a large decorating budget, look to area rugs to add style and color to your office. Look to patterns, bold colors and different textures to give your office depth and an attractive presence. The right paint color, the right rug and a few extra touches can give you a stylish office for a very reasonable price.
Order custom area rugs for a personalized lookAlthough you may spend a bit more than on clearance area rugs, custom area rugs offer you more personalization and different sizes. Depending on your budget and needs, a custom rug may be just what your office needs and well worth the extra expense. You may also find special deals or discount area rugs that someone else has ordered and now doesn't want.
- Vacuum your area rugs frequently to keep them looking their best. To clean your discount area rugs, follow the manufacturers' recommendations or hire a carpet cleaner for the tough stains that can occur in high traffic areas.
- Don't forget that local second-hand furniture stores often carry rugs. You can find some beautiful, traditional rugs by checking out these stores or estate auctions.