Bulletproof doors and associated products offer a proven protection solution for organizations concerned with personnel and customer safety. Bullet resistant materials have evolved into attractive, yet powerful deterrents to facility attacks and offer standards-based products that businesses can count on.
1. Know the standards for bullet resistant doors.
2. Verify top bulletproof door distributors have standards-based products.
3. Select bulletproof door suppliers that offer professional installation services.
Obtain copies of U.S. and European bullet resistant door standardsManufacturers, bulletproof door distributors and bulletproof door suppliers must be intimately familiar with the standards for bullet resistant equipment. Organizations concerned with customer and personnel safety have a wide variety of sources to choose from when selecting bulletproof doors. The best way for organizations to verify supplier compliance is to know the standards themselves.
Target bulletproof door suppliers who meet the standardsAnyone can claim to make a bullet resistant door, but when lives are at stake you need assurance. Fortunately, you can easily verify UL and European standards compliance. Top bulletproof door distributors also have client lists, professional organization memberships and other important quality verification information available on request.
Purchase from bullet proof door providers who offer turn-key solutionsAn effective bullet proof door system includes the door material, glazing, anchor and frame. All door and associated components will absorb a projectile's energy and a bullet resistant framing system is required for the installation to perform as needed during any attack.
- Contact bullet proof door references specific to your business. Reviewing a bank's protection installation will not tell you how a prospective provider will conduct equipment installation at your fast food facility.
- Take advantage of bonus features; many bullet proof doors and associated material are rated for fire and pressure protection. Installation of bullet resistant technology could result in significant insurance savings.