Planning new commercial door installations involves many things, especially if you are going to make it a do-it-yourself project instead of calling professional door installers. You have to consider the purpose of the door, its placement and the impact the door installation process will have on your business.
Once you decide on the type of door and when you are going to install it, you will need to make sure you understand the basic installation instructions. Use the following door installation and repair education and training tips as your guide:
1. Save money with do-it-yourself pre-hung door installation.
2. Impress clients by incorporating a French door into your office space.
3. Add industrial doors or overhead doors to your business.
4. Give doors a new look by updating hardware as part of door repairs.
Know basic pre-hung door installation methodsPre-hung doors are by far the easiest doors to install. These are ideal for you to use as office doors, storage closet doors and other interior doors. In either case, scheduling the commercial door installation for a time when business is slow may be the best option to lessen the stress.
Understand French door installation instructionsFrench doors add instant elegance to almost any office or conference room. These doors are ideal to use for offices that have an access door to a patio, balcony or sunroom. French doors are a nice touch for conference rooms or break areas. Check the weather forecast to make sure you choose a clear day to schedule the French door installations, especially if it's an entry door installation.
Follow industrial door installation instructionsIndustrial door installation is slightly more difficult than regular commercial door installation. One reason for this is that most industrial doors have a power source or remote controls. Thoroughly reading the instruction guide for your door is necessary to avoid injury. Utilizing methods to decrease the energy lost through leaky doors and seals may save your company a considerable amount of money.
Plan hardware upgrades into your door installation plansUpdating the look of your office may be as simple as changing out the hardware on the doors. Even if you are in the midst of a new door installation project, you will still need to know how to install the new hardware.
- Before beginning any door installation project, check your local building codes to ensure that you don't need any special permits.
- Consider getting an estimate from door installation services. This will give you an idea of how long the installation would take. Plus, you may find that a professional installation isn't as costly as you first thought.