Rope lights are fast becoming THE choice for both commercial and residential accent lighting. Whether you want to accent windows, outline a driveway, showcase a ceiling or simply decorate for the holidays, rope lights are a creative and contemporary way to create a soft, attractive glow both inside and out.
LED rope lights are a popular choice these days because:
1. They're easy to install
2. They're cost effective and energy efficient
3. Indoor/outdoor rope light can be used almost anywhere
Decide where the rope light will be usedThe uses for LED rope light are limited only by your imagination. Exterior rope lighting is the perfect choice for patios, docks, decks and deck railings, pathways and stairways. Indoor uses include under-cabinet lighting in kitchens and entertainment centers.
Choose your length, type and color for LED rope lightsMeasure the area where your rope lights will be installed, and decide on both the diameter you want and the color that will look best. Whether buying your rope lights wholesale or retail, most suppliers offer options to fit every need.
Consider rope light accessoriesRope lights can be flashing, chasing, dimmed and even synchronized with music. They can be mounted with clips, put inside of tracks or attached to windows with suction cups. They can be connected with "T" and "X" connectors and even have "jumps" of no light between them. They are, by far, the most versatile accent lighting option on the market today.
- Rope lights don't have to be permanent. They're also widely used for special events and holiday displays.
- Solar rope lights can be used both indoors and out. With indoor applications, the solar panel is simply installed outside.
- Once your mounting clips or tracks are in place, it's relatively simple to change your rope lights out for different styles and effects, as long as you stay with the same diameter.
- Put your rope lights on a standard timer so they turn on and off at the same time each day.