Consider spot-cooling air conditioners for a cost-effective, portable cooling solution. Many people only consider using a spot-cooling air conditioner in emergencies, but you'll find other situations where the units might make sense for your business, too. You may work out of a portable office or classroom, or maybe you're looking for an independent solution for your server room; depending on where you live, you may not even have a central HVAC system to service your home office.
The portable aspect of spot-cooling units provides its own advantage. Even though units can be large, they usually sit on wheels so you can easily maneuver them to different positions within a room, from room to room or to a closet for storage when you no longer need them. Keep the following in mind as you begin your search for spot coolers:
1. Know the size of the area you want to cool and what electrical load your room will tolerate before you buy any spot-cooling air-conditioning units.
2. Look for spot air-conditioning units that come with accessories to remove heated air generated by the unit.
3. Select "UL-listed" spot coolers that carry a safety designation from the Underwriters Laboratory.
Consider purchasing or leasing industrial spot-cooling air-conditioning unitsIf you live in a mild climate and can't imagine spending the money to install a roof-mounted HVAC system for your factory or shop, industrial spot coolers may provide you with all the cooling you need for a much smaller price tag. You may also want to think about an industrial spot cooler for emergency situations.
Buy spot air-conditioning units to cool small spacesThink about buying a portable spot-cooling air-conditioning unit for your home office, small office, server room or other small space you'd like to cool independent of your central cooling system.
Search commercial spot-cooling manufacturers for the unit your business needsYou'll find ample solutions for your commercial spot-cooling needs online. Whether you need a unit to provide supplemental or emergency cooling, also keep an eye out for spot-cooling equipment rental options.
- You may plan on simply renting an HVAC spot-cooling system for emergency situations only. If so, research suppliers of spot-cooling air conditioners that can ship a unit to you same day; keep a list with their contact information easily accessible for when an emergency strikes to avoid losing precious time.
- If you'll run your spot cooler frequently, plan to purchase and install a pump and drain line (if the unit doesn't already come with the equipment) to remove the water collected in the unit.
- Compare services like set up and future service call response time as you evaluate spot-cooling air conditioner manufacturers and suppliers.