Drilling and grouting contractors are important elements in many jobs—big and small. When evaluating drilling and grouting services for a project look for companies who are reliable, whose workmanship is outstanding and whose performance is a cut above the competition. Always take prices into account but never let cost be the sole basis for determination.
Do your research and ask questions before making your final decision to assure you get the right contractor for your job.
1. Narrow your search by focusing on specific types of drilling and grouting contractors, such as ceramic grouting, chemical grouting contractors, directional drilling contractors, pressure grouting or home drilling.
2. Drilling and grouting contractors should be willing to supply references and samples of other drilling and grouting services they have provided.
3. The drilling and grouting contractors you select should have competitive prices for drilling and grouting services.
Find specialty grouting companies and grouting contractorsRefine your search based on your particular grouting needs. There's much more to grouting than ceramic grouting on the floor. There are all types of grouters to choose from. You just have to know where to look.
Locate drilling and grouting contractorsA number of online resources are available to help in your search for grouting companies and drilling contractors. Obtain several cost estimates from contractors to identify those that are within your budget.
Compare specialty drilling contractorsDrilling companies also have their own areas of expertise, and specialties.
- Drilling and grouting contractors generally require partial payment prior to commencing work. One-third to one-half of the estimated total cost upfront is the norm.
- Always validate a drilling and grouting contractor's license and insurance coverage and that the necessary permits are in place.
- Be cautious of any contractor who is reluctant to supply references or who wants full payment upfront. Contact references concerning drilling and grouting contractors' reliability, its ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Protect yourself with a signed contract. A written agreement detailing the specifics of your project can prevent misunderstandings and assure the legality of your drilling and grouting services.