When you need floor services, finding the right contractor is key to an attractive, affordable and stress-free office flooring project. Many different decisions must be made when it comes to flooring, from style, pattern and color to the timeframe and price. Picking a reputable floor contractor should also rank as a high priority decision.
When choosing among flooring contractors, realize that many times the general contractor will hire out subcontractors for different aspects of the job. Be assured of who actually will be coming in to your office to do the work. Be sure to get specific answers to your questions concerning how long the project will take, the interruption to your business such as noise or dust, warranties and clean up procedures after flooring contractor work.
Taking the time to go through the process eliminates any impulsive decisions you may regret later. Be sure to also consider the following information:
1. Decide what it is exactly that you need for floor services. Besides floor installation, don't forget removal and disposal of the old flooring.
2. Price flooring contractor work with a number of different companies.
3. Check with past clients (references) of the potential flooring contractor business.
Research a potential floor contractorAsk around for recommendations and do your homework online. Even if a floor contractor seems to have a good reputation and appears professional, make sure to form your own opinion by doing your own research.
Pick an expert at floor installationDetermining the style of flooring that will work best in your office is just the beginning. You won't have a great looking floor without a skillful contractor to install it.
Make sure floor repair is included in servicesEven high quality flooring can be in need of repair after considerable wear and tear. Instead of ripping up the damaged floor and starting over, see if a simple repair is all you need.
- You may find that the smaller, family-owned commercial flooring contractors can offer the same products and services with competitive prices comparable to the bigger companies.
- Arrange to have at least three to five estimates from prospective contractors for floor work. The price quoted should be guaranteed for 30 days.