Builders and project designers needing commercial roofing contractors or industrial roofing contractors often hire roofing consultants first. Some commercial roofing contractors offer free consultations. Some roofing contractors do both commercial and residential work.
Commercial roofing contractors normally specialize in flat roofs. This type of roof incorporates tar and gravel. Some commercial grade roofs require a formed rubber base. According to the architect’s plans, you must determine what type commercial roofing contractors or industrial roofing contractors are needed.
1. Local roofing companies in the residential world normally specialize in asphalt shingles. Many residential and commercial roofing contractors specialize in metal roofs. Commercial roofing contractors specialize in tile roofs in some locations.
2. Roofing consultants usually know the best type roof you need to use in particular areas of the country. Cedar shank roofing is another option, but not always practical in some areas. Most higher-priced homes and commercial buildings that use asphalt shingles are utilizing an architectural shingle. These are attractive and last longer.
3. Find a local roofing company that is licensed and insured. Roof installation and roofing repair are expensive. A botched job costs you and your customers in money and aggravation. Get references and at least three estimates for roofing services.
Raise the roof with reputable roofing contractors
The National Roofing Contractors Association posts commercial roofing contractors and industrial roofing contractors, along with residential roofing contractors with tried and true credentials.
Find extra roofing services for the extra-special roofing projects
Some roofing projects require extras such as skylights or special gutters. RoofingNetworks guides you to these special services.
No one roofing system works for commercial roof installation
Some commercial roofing projects require more complicated systems. Find commercial roofing contractors and industrial roofing contractors experienced in many types of roofing.
- Industrial roofing contractors and commercial roofing contractors sometimes quote roof installation projects nation-wide. These traveling roofing contractors work out-of-state jobs at widely varying rates.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau for references on commercial roofing contractors and local roofing companies.
- The Chamber of Commerce in your area is a good tool in finding reputable roofing contractors.
- Property insurance companies often recommend good roofing contractors for roofing repairs.