Trenchless technology, or no-dig construction, seeks to avoid the destructive digging that was once necessary to install or repair underground cables or pipes. The largest end users of trenchless technology are townships and municipalities. Contractors use a wide variety of highly specific trenchless technology products, equipment and techniques to achieve the goal of accomplishing construction projects without digging.
Not only is trenchless technology good for the environment, it saves time and money. The expenses involved in digging and subsequent repair offset the expense of trenchless equipment. Here are the top five advantages of trenchless technology:
1. Trenchless pipe replacement technology is cost effective, because it avoids the expense of digging large areas and the subsequent repairs.
2. Trenchless technology minimizes the need to close roads or sidewalks, making it better for large communities.
3. Trenchless technology robots allow the inspection of pipes that are unsafe or inaccessible for people.
4. Sonar and other advanced scanning technology make pipe inspection quick and easy, which allows companies to detect and fix the problem much sooner than before.
5. Precise data, such as gas levels, helps focus pipe rehabilitation efforts, so companies use time and materials more efficiently.
Get to know trenchless technology basicsThere are many organizations all over the world dedicated to the advancement of trenchless technology. Check out free information and stay up to date by signing up for an email newsletter with one of them.
Learn more about trenchless equipmentTrenchless piping requires advanced equipment, which includes underground boring machines. It's well worth learning what the latest trenchless equipment can do for you.
Explore trenchless technology companiesWell known companies, large and small, utilize trenchless technologies to keep up with consumer demand for more environmentally friendly services.
- Visit the annual International No-Dig Show for an educational and fun look at all trenchless technology has to offer. You can network with trenchless technology manufacturers from all over the world at the event.