People who wish to take part in film chat discussions turn to online communities in which they can discuss, debate, praise and slam any movie they have on their mind. This offers film makers a new way to get the word out to the public about the movies they have made.
The creators of the film can discuss the plot, performers and any other detail about their work, and encourage others to check it out. Most film online communities do not charge a registration or monthly fee, so all of this advertising and discussion costs nothing to the producers of the film.
Film online chat presents many opportunities to new and experienced movie makers. By using these sites, the creators of the films are able to:
1. Promote their film in a public venue at no charge;
2. Use movie chat rooms to get honest feedback from audience members who will not know the creators of the movie are reading their opinions;
3. Offer incentives such as free posters, autographed items or movie passes to people in exchange for helping to promote a particular movie;
4. Put together a street team that will help advertise a film in the cities where they reside.
Find forum communities dedicated to online chat about filmOne benefit that some of the larger entertainment websites provide to their visitors is the ability to register for free chat forums. These forums are often used by people all over the world, so they include commentary from individuals from all walks of life. Film studios and movie producers can use these forums to start discussions about their movies or just get honest feedback and opinions from other users. This feedback will help executives get a better understanding of what the public thinks of their movie and how it could be better.
Visit independent film chat sitesLarger forums may primarily discuss major studio pictures and Hollywood blockbusters, but there are also independent film chat forums for smaller films made at lesser known studios. Independent film chat sites give smaller film makers a great opportunity to spread the word and reach people who might not have otherwise heard about their movie.
Use movie message boards for film-only discussionsFilm message boards are forums or bulletin boards that are exclusively for discussion about movies. Many of the larger chat forum sites include discussions about a large variety of topics, but these web boards are completely dedicated to films.
Use a directory of film chat communitiesA directory of film bulletin boards will allow you to browse through the many different forums that are dedicated to online chat about film. They will include a brief description of the site and explain whether the forum has a broad range of topics or a particular niche so a film maker can pick the best site to join.
- Spend a little time reviewing the forum before making your first entry and familiarize yourself with the group and how it operates.
- Use search engine optimization tactics to help ensure people find the postings you make about your current films and upcoming projects.
- You will face criticism when you read reviews about your film. If you reply, remember to stay professional and focused at all times. Starting a flame war with a member of a film community may cause others to lose interest in your work.
- Start your own film chat forum.