If you are considering opening your own sports or cycling business, you will need to offer the latest innovative, high-quality and affordable bicycle apparel.
Every year millions of Americans ride in cycling clubs, participate in charity rides or ride competitively. With the high price of oil, more and more people are finding ways to ride their bikes to work or other destinations. Mountain biking and BMX and road racing are exciting and growing sports—especially amongst kids and young adults, opening up a growing and lucrative market for cycling clothes.
Millions of dollars are spent every year on apparel, such as cycling jerseys, shorts, bibs, jackets, helmets and shoes for men and women.
As you start planning your business, make sure you do the following:
- Find a wide range of innovative and popular cycling jersey apparel brands and styles
- Offer a selection of high-performance cycling shoes and helmets
- Round out your inventory with fashionable and high-quality accessories and safety bike apparel
Offer the latest and most popular cycling jerseys and shortsFashionable, well-fitting and aerodynamic cycling jerseys and shorts are essential to every cyclist. Procure a variety of the most recent products from major manufacturers to appeal to both beginners and experienced cycling enthusiasts.
A wide selection of high-performance cycling shoes will attract serious cyclistsThe right shoe is vital to high performance. Fit, durability, stability, comfort and breathability are components of a well-regarded cycling shoe.
A cycling helmet is not only a fashion statement but the key to a safe cycling experienceBicycle helmets have been shown to reduce the risk of head injury by as much as 85% and the risk of brain injury by as much as 88%. Cyclists want a cycling helmet that provides maximum ventilation and style.
Provide a selection of cycling apparel accessories like gloves, tights, socks and packsCyclists will be interested in stylish apparel and accessories that set them apart. Safety equipment is also a important part of any cyclist's wardrobe.
- Don't forget larger sizes! No matter their size, men and women want well-fitting and comfortable bike apparel that is also fashionable.
- Cycling apparel has function as well as style. Elements like zipper length, sleeve style and placement of pockets serve a purpose and offer the cyclist different benefits. Cycling shoes and helmets are designed for various types of cycling, such as mountain biking, road racing or BMX. Be aware of the specifications and function of each product and be ready to provide valuable customer service.
- Sun performance products are also a draw for potential customers. Cycling clothing options with high UPF/SPF applications will shield cyclists from harmful rays on long outdoor rides and will appeal to discerning customers.