Used for a variety of reasons in the retail industry, some companies sell hat boxes, some use them to display their products, some use them to ship their products, and some use them for their original intention: to store or carry hats. Whatever your needs are for hat boxes, this guide will help you find exactly what you're looking for.
Since hat boxes come in all sizes, shapes, and colors, your needs for these items should be specific. Make sure you get an array of sizes that will benefit all of your business needs. You also want to keep your customer and product price in mind.
Before deciding on one type of hat box to purchase, consider this:
1. Appeal to the masses. Don't buy a large amount of unique items that might only appeal to a few customers, unless you are a specialty store.
2. Coordinate your products. When buying hat boxes, make sure the colors are not going to clash with the products you are putting inside them.
3. Buy wholesale gift boxes and hat boxes in bulk. This will help you get a larger amount of the items you need, usually at a lesser cost.
If you are a business selling hat boxes, offer a varietyIf you are selling hat boxes, offer a variety of shapes and colors to your clients. Include round, square, decorative and vintage hat boxes. Make sure you have some unique items that will make your hat boxes stand out from other retailers.
Make the most profit from selling hat boxes: wholesale hat boxesWhether you are looking to simply sell hat boxes or use them to display your products, check out hat box wholesalers. Many of these companies offer a variety of discount hat boxes. Some even offer an extra discount to retail stores looking to sell their products.
Use cardboard hat boxes and paper hat boxes to ship your productsIf you own a hat company, then you need to ship your hats to retail stores. You don't want to purchase vintage hat boxes or decorative hat boxes for this purpose. Instead, find sturdy paper and cardboard boxes that will get the product to its destination safely.
Consider displaying your products in hat boxes or wholesale gift boxesWhether you sell stationery or bath products, you can enhance these items with unique packaging. Consider arranging your products in inexpensive hat boxes.
- If you are selling your product(s) inside a hat box or gift box, make sure the customer knows exactly what is inside. Create a list of items included in the box.
- Know what you are getting before you buy. Hat box companies should provide details about their boxes. Know the composition of the boxes, especially if edible items are inside.
- If it will add to the product's appeal, buy coordinating tissue paper with the hat box. Many companies offer coordinating extras to match the hat boxes they sell.