Professional shampoo products are available anywhere from a salon or a local drugstore. If your beauty supply store is seeing a decline in shampoo purchases, it might be time to evaluate the products you are able to offer your customers. Are customers coming in to find shampoo for a certain hair type, or are they looking for shampoo information on a distinctive brand? And can you supply them with shampoo to fill those needs?
Having shampoo knowledge and being able to recommend shampoo to your customers is invaluable. It will benefit the reputation of your beauty supply store, but it will also add to your store's bottom line. Having the shampoo you recommend in stock will keep your customers from going elsewhere for their shampoo needs. Consult a shampoo directory to find distributors who offer the following:
1. Shampoos that are organic or contain natural ingredients
2. Products designed for colored, damaged, permed or ethnic hair
3. Larger size shampoo bottles
Find a wholesale shampoo providerUse the Internet to find a wholesale shampoo provider. Using a shampoo list can help you locate information on companies that sell wholesale shampoo. You might even discover some shampoo information on new brands from a wholesale shampoo provider.
Offer a shampoo line for special needs and ethnic hairNot all of your customers that enter your store will have the same type of hair. You have to make sure that you have shampoo stocked for those customers whose hair might need special care, such as people with damaged or thinning hair.
Provide shampoo that is well known to peopleBrand name recognition is a sure fire way to drum up some business. If your beauty supply store offers shampoo that is well known to people and has a good reputation, it not only can increase your business, but make your store known as the place to come for quality.
- Stock products that benefit your entire customer base. If many of your customers come to your store to purchase items for permed or color treated hair, make sure you have an ample stock of shampoo for their hair type.
- Be knowledgeable about the shampoo your store carries. If you can explain to a customer what brand or type of shampoo would benefit them and direct them to the specific shampoo's location, it may result in a repeat customer.