Starting a blog or adding it to an existing website has quickly become one of the most effective ways to improve search rankings, outreach and increase visitors or customers coming through your site.
While it's extremely easy to setup a blog, if you don't know what type od content to create or how to market it, you might as well not even have one in the first place.
In this article, we are going to provide you with some real life examples of how brands and businesses are using blogs to increase their customer engagement, outreach and conversions.
At the same time, you'll also gain a better understanding of how to come up with creative and valuable content for your audiences.
Related Article: Spread the Word: 6 Overlooked Channels to Promote Your Blog Posts
Creating Valuable Content in a Niche Focused Business
One of the biggest problems many brands and businesses have when it comes to creating a blog for their sites is coming up with content ideas. Many brands might think their business model is too generic or are simply at a loss for how to create content for their sites.
A perfect example of how this can be done can be seen at induron.com, which is a supplier of protective coating materials. While at first you might think the product is quite generic and that you may be limited on the amount of content you could possibly come up with.
However, all you need to do is take a look at their blog to see how they are providing valuable content for their audiences.
I've listed a few example of blog post titles and concepts from their site below.
- From the Other Side of the Desk - An article focused on how individuals can come in become part of the company sales team.
- AquaClean: The Chemistry Behind the Product - Content created to provide the story behind individual products and why they were created.
- How Induron is like the National Champions in College Basketball - A unique article that relates the company with basketball, which brings in a whole new audience and focus to the site.
These are just a few examples of how literally any brand or product can use a blog to both promote the business, spread awareness and also use other common interests to reach new audiences.
Related Article: Why the Company Blog is More Important Than You Think
Providing Guidance, Tutorials, and Resources Through Blog Content
For most brands and businesses online, it's all about increasing sales and bringing in new customers. A great way to accomplish this is by creating original tutorials, guides, and resources for your audience. The benefit here is that not only will your content be helpful to your existing audience, but it can also rank in the search results for multiple keywords and reach new audiences.
By creating valuable content and getting it to rank in the search results, this allows you to reel in new potential customers by getting them to read your resources and guides, getting them to trust your site, then ultimately signing up as a new customer.
For this next example, let's use infographicdesignteam.com, a site that builds custom infographics and ad copy images. Like many other sites, IDT is using their blog to create content to reach new a audience, but also provide value to their existing audiences as well.
Here are a few examples of the type of content you will find on their blog.
- Why Infographics Are Popular among Youngsters - This article not only provides value to businesses or brands looking to reach a younger audience, it also shows them how to use infographics (IDT's main service) to market to these audiences effectively.
- Top Six Tips to create “About Us” page - Not every piece of content on a blog needs to be focused on sales or the site business. This type of article is of pure value, and while it might not be pushing sales or products, it will reach new audiences who may ultimately come back and purchase their design services.
Something else you might notice about the InfographicDesignTeam site and blog is that they both follow the same site design. The benefit here is that even if the content isn't created with the sole focus of lead generation or bringing in new sales, all site visitors are aware of the site they are on and the option to request a "free quote" is available at the top of all pages.
Related Article: Write On: Tips and Strategies to Run a Better Blog in 2016
How to Create Blog Content That's Ideal for Your Business
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, blogging is one of the most effective ways to grow your reach and branding online as long as you know how to create content that's right for your audience.
Through each of the examples above you should now have a better understanding of how to create content for your audiences. If you are still having struggles, be sure to answer the questions below, as it should help put you in the right mindset for blog content to find your audience's needs.
- Do you offer a product or service that can be better described through a blog?
- Before making a purchase, what is your audience searching for online? (and how can you provide it to them)
- Are there specific audiences that best fit into your target demographic? If so, what could you write about to reach them? (ie: Using hobbies and interests within your content)
- Why are you creating a blog in the first place? Make sure all of your content relates to your end goal.
No matter what type of brand or business you currently have, it can definitely benefit from a blog. The good news is that there are plenty of tools and resources to help you along the way.
Take some time to come up with creative ideas for new content on your site and also take a look at what your closest competitors are doing online, there's a good chance they might already have a blog on their own site.