When it comes to corporate blogging, there are plenty of important statistics to be aware of. For example:
“B2B marketers that use blogs receive 67% more leads than those that do not.”
If you aren’t fully utilizing a blog, you are missing a big opportunity to take advantage of the content marketing trend.
Of course, there is a difference between blogging and blogging effectively. If you are not seeing the results you want from your marketing strategy, it is time to alter your approach. Here are some ideas that can make an immediate impact:
Related Article: Why the Company Blog is More Important Than You Think
1. Post More Often
A corporate blog doesn’t have to be updated every day. At the same time, you don’t want it to sit dormant for weeks (or months) on end.
You will grow an audience by providing high quality, unique, useful content on a regular basis. Remember, marketers who place a high priority on blogging are 13x times more likely to experience a positive return on investment.
The best way to avoid long periods between posts is to create an editorial calendar. This will keep you on track, day after day.
2. Search for Help
It goes without saying that blogging can become tedious over time. Regardless on the topic of your blog, you can easily wear yourself out by creating too much content in a short period of time.
Rather than deal with burnout, which often leads to lower quality content, consider searching for outside help. Here are three places to turn:
- Other employees within your organization. For example, a sales professional may be able to cover a particular topic from a “sales angle.”
- Freelance bloggers. Have you considered hiring an outsider to create content for your blog?
- Industry professionals. Regardless of your industry, there are sure to be experts who would enjoy providing you with unique content.
In the end, you will likely hold onto your post as number one content creator. Even so, getting a little bit of help can go a long way. This can be the difference between posting infrequently and creating a content schedule that allows for the publication of high-quality content on a more regular basis.
Related Article: 5 Critical Content Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
3. Say Something Unique
There is no doubt that your blog content will overlap with others from time to time. That being said, you should never intentionally cover the same subject matter as another writer. Furthermore, make sure you personalize each post. This way, even if you cover the same topic as somebody else, it still provides a fresh perspective.
Once you create a post, take a step back for a few hours. Go do something else. After some time, revisit the post for a closer look. You may be surprised to find that you left out critical information that can add even more value.
Image via Buzzsumo
Tip: Use tools such as BuzzSumo to see what type of content others are creating. There is nothing wrong with following the leader, as long as you have something unique to offer. In other words, make note of the most popular content, add your own personalized take, and share it with your audience.
Ask Yourself These Questions
Are you concerned about making too many changes? Are you worried that this could actually work against you? This is a common feeling. It is also one that can be easily overcome by answering these questions:
- Are you keeping track of content topics, shares, posts, etc.? Doing so will help you determine which changes yield positive results, as well as those that you should ignore moving forward.
- Can you make the necessary changes on your own? Unless you can confidently answer "yes," it is time to open up your mind and consider where to turn for help. Copywriters and editors can prove to be a valuable asset to your blog and marketing strategy. Additionally, others may be able to pinpoint mistakes and areas of improvement that you have missed.
- Are you biting off more than you can chew? It is a good idea to make changes when and where you see fit. It is not such a good idea to take on more than you can comfortably handle.
If the time has come to achieve greater results with your corporate blog, don’t hesitate to implement one or more of the tips above. Each of these is meant to provide your blog with an instant boost.